Thursday, January 25, 2024

Hey Hamas and Israel and their allies and apologists, did you ever consider it was God that swallowed Jonah and did not cough him up until he did what God wanted him to do?

 

    I am pretty sure most Christians and Jews believe a whale swallowed Jonah, but it was God that swallowed Jonah and did not cough him up until he agreed to do what God had asked him to do.

    A few days ago, a classmate of mine at Crestline Elementary School in the upscale white Birmingham suburb Mountain Brook, Alabama, aka The Tiny Kingdom, started replying to my comments at the Australian Hamas apologist Caitlin Johnstone’s Substack Newsletter, where I had tangled with quite a few of Caitlin’s readers over Caitlin and them blaming Israel and America for everything going on in Gaza since Hamas's brutal October 7, 2023 attack in Israel. 

    Peter and I had some mostly cordial back and forth, which I reported in an earlier post at this blog. He then made a proposal that the UN, or someone, buy land in Sudan on the Red Sea, and the Palestinians would move there and have their own country. Peter then revised his proposal twice, as I recall, but the gist of it remained the same.

https://tinykingdomblacksheep.blogspot.com/2024/01/some-proposed-solutions-to-war-in.html

    I encouraged Peter to spread his proposal far and wide, but as far as I could see, he only put it into a comment at Caitlin Johnstone’s Newsletter, where Peter was not well received. 

   I put Peter’s proposal into Caitlin’s Substack Newsletter and into retired war correspondent Hamas apologist Chris Hedges’s Substack Newsletter, where neither Peter’s proposal nor I were well received. 

    Peter comment under yesterday’s Hey Chris Hedges and other Hamas apologists: The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off post at this blog, led to a lot back and forth between us, and this morning I left him something to ponder.

Peter Rodes Robinson

Israeli HQ ordered troops to shoot Israeli captives on 7 October
Asa Winstanley
Reactivated “Hannibal Directive” was ordered from top, Israeli journalists confirm.  
Hamas is blamed for killing 1200 Israelis. Wouldn't it be interesting if the TRUTH is that Israel killed a substantial percentage of that number?
This protocol (often referred to as the Hannibal Directive) was standard IDF policy for decades.
>>They write that “the instruction was to stop ‘at any cost’ any attempt by Hamas terrorists to return to Gaza, using language very similar to that of the original Hannibal Directive, despite repeated promises by the defense apparatus that the directive had been canceled.”<< 
 
If this is TRUE (and the fact that it is being reported by Israeli journalists makes me think it is) do you encourage the spread of this knowledge?

Sloan Bashinsky
I have read several times about that at the Hedges and Caitlin forums, and it may well have happened when Israel’s police and military tried to stop the attack and prevent even more hostages from being taken back to Gaza.
But what does that have to do with the sex atrocities the Guardian reported, which I had seen reported quite a few times elsewhere? Every time I mentioned rape at the Hedges and Caitlin forums, I was told it was Israeli propaganda and how many people Israel's’s police and military killed at the scene of the Oct 7 attack. 
Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a German Christian theologian, who wrote The Cost of Discipleship, comparing “cheap grace” with the real deal, said, "Silence in the face of Evil itself is Evil, God will not hold us harmless”. He and others who tried to kill Hitler were caught and put into concentration camps and executed.
I don’t think I would care for the karma of people who keep giving Hamas a free pass.

Peter Rodes Robinson
https://open.substack.com/pub/jonathancook/p/why-the-guardians-hamas-mass-rap

Peter Rodes Robinson
I am extremely skeptical that soldiers going into battle with the fourth largest army in the world would be taking the time to rape women.

Sloan Bashinsky
Using your reasoning, why would Hamas be so stupid as to pick a fight with the 4th largest standing Army in the world, unless Hamas wanted that army to obliterate Gaza, trying to obliterate Hamas? And to get that outcome, Hamas’s soldiers raped unarmed female civilians during the raid, and kidnapped unarmed women and children and took them back to Gaza. 

Peter Rodes Robinson
Sorry, I couldn't confirm "fourth largest military". On a per capita basis Israel is number two, spending slightly more than the US. On total defense spending, Israel is close to Canada , and about a third of the UK budget.

Sloan Bashinsky
The size and $pending for IDF is not really relevant. Peter, you simply cannot trust everything either side, or the press, say. You have to use common sense, and both sides of the brain, to know something awful happened on October 7, unlike anything before, to cause Israel to attack Gaza in this way. 
 
Peter Rodes Robinson
All of the initial reports about Oct 7 came from the Israeli side, and I believed them 100%. Only later did I start to use common sense and both sides of my brain.

Sloan Bashinsky
I was skeptical of both side’s reports, from the beginning. But as you and I both concluded, Hamas wanted an over the top response from Israel, so what really happened on Oct. 7 to produce the over the top response, Peter? It had to be something terrible. 

Peter Rodes Robinson
What if Israel killed half of the dead civilians on Oct 7? What if the "rapes" were mostly fabricated? It's still awful, right?
The difference is that this scenario does not support the "Arabs are inhuman" meme.

Sloan Bashinsky
What if Israel and military on Oct. 7 did what I would have done, if I were there and my wife and children were being attacked and about to be killed, or raped, or kidnapped back to Gaza, to suffer horribly. And I had a gun with only 6 bullets in it, which would be useless to defend my family and me. So, I kill my family and then I kill myself. Because the alternative is much worse. There is always the risk of hostages being kited by the rescuers or by the hostages takers, if the rescuers go in with.guns blazing.
Islam has proved many times how inhumane it can be. Hamas’s charter called for the destruction of Israel. That’s humane? Or is it genocide? Two rhetorical questions. 
 
Peter Rodes Robinson
"the alternative is much worse"
But this is the useful narative. "A fate worse than death." If you want to demonize your enemy, saying that they killed your soldiers just doesn't carry a lot of weight, or even that they killed your civilians, but saying that they raped your women. "Ahhh. They must be demons."

Sloan Bashinsky
You argue like someone who never married and had a wife and children, whom you would have protected with your life, and you loved them enough not tlet them be raped and slaughtered by terrroists. Please take your argument up with Israel, in Israel, in person, face to face. :-) 
And while you are there, straightening out Israel’s leaders, present your solution for Israel staying in Palestine and the Palestinians all moving to Sudan, financed by the UN, Israel, America, or whomever :-) 
 
Peter Rodes Robinson
"raped"
There it is again. You see fire fights are not enough to make you hate the enemy. 
I get the feeling that you are still more offended by October 7th than by the 30,000 dead, killed by Israel, since.

Sloan Bashinsky
I am offended by Oct 7 and what it produced, and who produced it, and who keeps giving Hamas a free pass, including you, who suggests Israel should stay in Palestine and the Palestinians should leave, when who needs to leave is Israel.

  • Peter Rodes Robinson
    What do you think the Palestinians should do? 
    Bibi is making it clear that the prospect of a two-state solution is null. I think it has been a convenient myth which has been used to molify the Palestinians up to now.
    So what do you think the Palestinians should do? 

    Sloan Bashinsky
    Hamas has seen to it that the Palestinians are fucked. If the Palestinians want to leave Gaza, and thus stop providing Hamas cover, then they should petition the UN for help doing that. That’s what your proposal is about, isn’t it? Start selling your solution to the UN, to Ajazeera, to CNN, to the Guardian, to President Biden, to Israel. Then perhaps expect howls of disapproval from Hamas apologists, and perhaps death threats from Islam. 
Peter Rodes Robinson
If a way is prepared for the Pals to go to Hala'ib-Palestine, what would stop the Hamas members from going?

Sloan Bashinsky
Nothing, but that is not relevant to the assignment God gave to you, and your way is forward with your best effort. 
 
Peter Rodes Robinson
At this point I'm trying to get my proposal to a Palestinian woman.

Sloan Bashinsky
good :-)

     Today:

Sloan Bashinsky 

Below is a link to an absolutely brutal Netanyahu-bashing Guardian article today:  

"Hamas official says ‘no chance’ hostages will return to Israel after Netanyahu rejects deal.

"The prime minister said he rejected the terms of a deal which included Israel’s complete withdrawal from Gaza”. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/22/israel-gaza-war-hamas-hostages-release-benjamin-netanyahu-rejects-deal 

Taking the approach you and others took to yesterday's Guardian article about the Hamas rape atrocities on October 7, I would conveniently ignore today’s Guardian article, which would be as idiotic as ignoring yesterday's Guardian article. 

The Las Vegas odds of the 2 Guardian articles happening in succession were about zero, howver the God odds were 100 percent. Same for the odds of you meeting me online after not seeing me since the 1950s.

Today’s Guardian article left me thinking you need to promote your proposed solution of moving he Palestinians to Sudan as if their lives depend on it and your soul depends on it. 

Consider how it went for Jonah in the Bible after he declined to do what God had asked him to do :-). 

I have experienced countless times that there is no hiding from God, and it matters not whether people believe God exists :-)

Peter Rodes Robinson
Yes I will ignore the new Guardian article. I don't feel any personal responsibility to fix the situation. I've done far more than the average person by thinking deeply on what is a possible solution.
I posted the proposal again in the Scott Alexander Open Thread 342 yesterday. If you think it is a good proposal you should go there and say so. Other voices mean much more than mine.
I seldom get support; almost everyone says it's impossible. Of course they don't post any solutions.

Sloan Bashinsky
You saw how ill-received I am at Caitlin’s place and over at Chris Hedges’s place, before and after I posted your solution at both places. It’s your proposal, which perhaps could be likened to Moses parting the Red Sea, if it comes about, and how you shepherd it is between you and God, Peter.
 
 
Peter Rodes Robinson
Hah! You think God has plans for me and none for you? What are the Las Vegas odds of two 81-year-old guys from Crestline Elementary...

Sloan Bashinsky
I’ve been consciously dealing with God’s plans for me since early 1987, and mostly I have not cared for God’s plans for me, and if you have been experiencing similar for that long, or longer, or even shorter, then you know what mean :-) Your solution is unique, you are a Hamas apologist, and you have a far great chance, therefore, than I to be received by the Palestinians and Hamas, than do I, who cannot abide Hamas or Israel’s behavior starting October 7. Before that, I wasn’t paying much attention to that miasm, other than I knew it was and remains biblical, it's a religious war, and it’s not going to stop for so long as Israel is in Palestine, Islam will see to that.
 
Me, as president, I would abandon Israel and release all of America’s UFO files on same day, and hope the latter took everyone on the planet’s minds off whatever was bothering them in that moment in time and space :-). Meanwhile, as opportunities arise, I will keep shooting off my mouth and painting bullseyes all over myself :-), surrounded by MAGAs, Republicans, Democrats and Bible thumpers, who don’t seem to care for much, if anything, I say or write about anything that matters to them :-)

Peter Rodes Robinson
I seldom think about God's plans for me, but of course, that's not a data point.

     I felt like it was time for me to move on.

    I spend a good bid of time each day wondering if what I’m doing is in sync with God, and my dreams and other ways of “hearing” let me know.

sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment